Now before we start I have a small confession to make. I could only think of 9 reasons to be positive, but 10 makes for a better headline. Anyway, 9 reasons for Evertonians to be positive, I think that is plenty for now, don’t you!!!
- The most sought after central defender in the country (John Stones) plays for Everton and he is NOT FOR SALE.
- Roberto Martinez has promised us at least three more signings and with only 26 days remaining in the transfer window we look set for an exciting transfer deadline day.
- Summer signing Tom Cleverley actually looks quite good and on the evidence of the summer looks to be an excellent addition to the squad.
- We have Gerard Deulofeu back and this time the hugely talented winger is a permanent member of Roberto Martinez’ squad.
- Roberto Martinez has reassembled a squad that the season before last was the fifth best team in the Premier League and only marginally missed out on a top four position after recording a club record points total in the Premier League era.
- I know we all want new signings and I am as keen as everyone else to see us recruit a new centre back, however in Ty Browning and Brendan Galloway we look to have two very exciting young prospects with huge potential.
- I loved last season’s European adventure, but last year’s poor final league position ensures we don’t have the extra Europa League fixtures to contend with and our sole focus is therefore on the three domestic competitions.
- We have retained the excellent spine to the team and have fought off attention in a number of our highly talented squad. In fact, judging by the number of our players attracting attention from last season’s top 5 clubs we must have one of the most gifted squads in the league.
- The squad (hamstring injuries aside) look considerably fitter and better prepared than last year. A competitive pre-season campaign has seen the entire squad put through their paces and with very few players competing in summer international competitions, we have had the full squad together since the first day of pre-season training.